Modern Weaving - Beginners
Ever wanted to try your hand at weaving but not sure where to start? In this beginners weaving workshop, we will cover all the basics to using a lap loom, simple techniques and tricks for starting out as well as steps for finishing and hanging your weaving piece.
You will learn a range of different stitch types, patterns and colours to create your weaving design. We will also look at different weaving styles from artists around the world and how their techniques can provide us with colour and design inspiration. A wide selection of beautiful wools and roving will be available for you to use.
- all wool and materials, including your own weaving loom kit
- printed handout notes covering techniques and stitch types
- a gorgeous morning tea spread (as well as endless cups of tea/coffee!)
We use beautiful Australian-made looms and tools supplied by Loom & Spindle; made locally on the Mornington Penisula from timber certified by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC).
Weaving Loom Kit:
- The Apprentice Weaving Loom (44cm x 44cm*)
- Weaving Needle, Shuttle and Comb
- Studio Bag
- Warping thread and wool to complete your weaving
*Note for Teens we use a slighter smaller weaving loom.
Duration: 5 hours